Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Why have you succeeded on this diet and not the others?

A friend asked me this question about my diet success on lighter life.
My immediate reaction was "I don't know" but on thinking about it there are a few differences between the lighter life diet and all the others.

1. Lighter life has a weekly weigh in session and that is your proper record of weight loss. So there is no cheating on the balances. You know that there is an independent record being kept of your progress. Knowing this keeps me focussed as I do not want to see the weight go up when I go on mondays.

2. With the weigh ins are the counselling sessions with the lighter life counsellor. I'm sure all of my group hated the thought of even going to these sessions but once we get there ou can't shut us up.

3. There is a bit of a competitive element in the group that makes you stay on the diet because you don't want to be the smuck who lapsed this week. So knowing the other guys want to know how you are doing you do not cheat.

4. The food packs do actually keep you going if you do not cheat because of the business of going into ketosis. So although you are hardly eating anything your body in ketosis doen't give out the hunger pangs like normal.

5. Because success is fast and constant you feel like you are on a new rollercoaster ride that you are trying for the first time. I lost 11 lbs in week one which completely surprised and shocked me.

6. People took time to notice my weight loss but the positive comments really give me encouragement to stick with it.

7. The final thing that has helped me is the buying of new clothes and throwing out the old ones. I no longer buys sack like clothing. I can buy off the shelf and instead of XXlarge I buy medium size.

Because of all this I am very confident of staying slim and not putting the weight back on.

No comments: