Sunday, May 18, 2008

Route to management week 8 - Staples triggers

I think I am on week 8 of the route to management. I must look it up. Anyway this week is the week to try out starchy staple foods. So on the list this week are.

Rice
Potato
Cassava - No idea what that is
Cous Cous
Pasta
Noodles

Having dutifully tried all these out to see if they trigger something guess what - nothing happened. I do not really understand what these foods are supposed to trigger. Am I going to turn into the hulk or maybe run around in a corbohydrate frenzy. I must find out in case I am missing the point.

I have listened to the audio CD's from lighter life but maybe I haven't paid close enough attention.
Week 9 there are a whole load of new trigger foods to add including breakfast cereals, grains and flour.
Then week 10 is the big one for me - Cheese. If anything is going to trigger me of it will be cheese. The portion sizes are so small that it won't trigger of anything.

Week 11 trigger is Bread which mixed with the cheese of week 10 should create a cheese on toast trigger. Actually I am enjoying enjoying food if that makes any sense.

Week 12 triggers are chocolate, crisps and other snacky items. I have never been a big quick snack person so this will not touch me at all. Some of the other guys in my diet group are not looking forward to trying to control these foods. They have big issues with them and know that if they buy some chocolate it must be eaten promptly and completely.

Chocolate is not for sharing. The other problem I have never had is the "eat the whole packet of biscuits" syndrome. I could never imagine doing that but apparently it is a common experience

No comments: