Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Staying in a hotel will be easy this time on maintainence

This evening I am staying in a hotel in Stratford before seeing a customer tomorrow morning. This will be the first time on my diet that I can just sit down at the table in a Hotel and know I will be able to find a whole load of food I can eat.

When I was in France over easter I was still on the abstinence and ate nothing for six days. All the french food was driving me wild with temptation. Tonight is a pay off night for all my discipline as I can just not eat too much all day and enjoy a well ordered meal.

There is a pool and a gym at the hotel as well - very luxurious - I can work some of it off in the morning and have a light eating day on thursday. As I have said before, I am getting used to controlling food rather than food controlling me and the feeling of power is huge. I can coolly and calmly choose to eat the right things and happily decide not to eat rubbish like burgers and chips. I do not even miss them.

I am enjoying the food options that the lighter life allows me. There are very few foods that are off limits now and I can control my consumption of these as a matter of course.

This is the life...

No comments: