Monday, May 19, 2008

My diet team needs some recognition

I have been on this diet for nearly 5 months and I haven't really aknowledged the team of people who have been with me through all this and encouraged me along the way.

I hasten to add that only I have actually done the diet but I have a great backing team.

My wife who Celebrates with me in july on oue 30th wedding anniversary.

My 2 best friends who have prayed for me for years to lose weight. They have never condemned my lack of previous success but are great supporters now.

My doctor who signed me off to allow me on the diet. He still doesn't know what has happened.

My lighter life counsellor, She is just brilliant.

My 2 other friends who happen to be doctors and have also nodded sagely along the way and been surprised by my new found tenacity.

My 2 excellent children who have been knocked out by all this - they have never known me be thin.

My parents who can barely hide their pride.

So you see this has not been a one man show. I have been on this journey very publicly and with a large team of supporters. If you have tried to secretly diet why don't you try the other route and go public with your diet and celebrate your step by tep diet success with a team of your own. It takes more courage but also means that you stay on course for longer.

No comments: