Sunday, May 11, 2008

Why extreme diets won't work

The times newspaper carried an article on saturday explaining why extreme diets do not work.
The author - Amada Ursell discussed the whole business of yo-yo dieting and how we always want to look good for our summer holidays. But ultimately the article concludes that you should eat a low calorie, low fat diet.

Now I agree with that except (you knew that was coming) not all of us have the tenacity required to diet for a long period of time to lose the amount of weight we need to lose.
The lighter life diet enabled me to hit my excess weight in one mad and I agree extreme period of time. Now I can take the long term view and work on what is a Low GI type diet.

My food this weekend has been great and I have eaten well and healthily. I even think I have lost pound or two. I can take the long term view now having sorted the main weight issues out.

The article actually mentions the lighter life diet and the cambridge diet in quite a good light saying "they are better because they give you rapid weight loss results while leaving you feeling pretty healthy,..."

There is a times health club which you can join online and track your diet progress.

Food diary today.
B: Caramel Shake
L: Chicken and quinoa stir fry
D: Egg and cottage cheese with salad
S: Nutty bar

No comments: