Saturday, May 17, 2008

My first day since 6th January with no food packs

Today being a saturday was a chance for me to try a day without the support of any lighter life food packs or bars. There are so many permitted foods at this stage of route to management that this was very easy to arrange.
I will go back to one or 2 food packs for the reat of my time on the diet but I wanted to give it a go.

So here is what I had

B: 2 weetabix with skimmed milk
L: Out for dinner at a favourite restaurant. Chicken pieces with salad and sweet potato and spinach lasagne. Very Healthy with hardly any pasta in it.
D: Quinoa, courgette and mushroom stir fry - snack size portion
S: Apple and mandarin

I could get used to this normal food all day.
It is dawning on me that it a few weeks this whole lighter life diet will have finished and I will not need any of the food packs. I also will not be going to the weigh ins and counselling sessions. This has become a way of life for me this year so that will take some adjusting to.

Then all I have to do is keep thin and healthy. This blog is now a major strategy towards my weight maintenance so keep reading

1 comment:

paulo said...

Well done Ken!

I have been on Lighterlife for almost 4 months and feel great!

I have lost 75lbs and have another 12 to go to reach my ideal weigt.

I find the packs and bars are very tasty and have not been hungry for the whole program except at the begining 5 days may be. I must say that this time (I am a returner), it has been EASY for me.

The weekly meetings are greatly helping indeed. Meeting with the other guys is important - I would say essential. As for the cognitive behavioral psychology... well if I have to comment I consider it to be a complete waste of time to the best. It is so puerile and based on no clinical knowledge that I have always wondered why Lighterlife introduced it in the program. I found it to be detrimental to some of the participants in our group who were attempting to take this 'seriously'. I personally consider it to be 'kindergarten' and completely amateurish.

The packs and bars and the water drinking on the countrary are working extremely well and the nutritional data on which the program is based are obvioulsy iron proofed. this part of the program IS the program and scientifically developped.

This program is an immense breakthrough and I would recommend it to anyone.

All the best for for a long and fit lifestyle, Ken!

Paulo