Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I hope I have made the right decision

I have decided to go back on the 1st phase of lighter life for 4 weeks. I think this is right for me as I am having real problems keeping things going on route to management.

Having talked it over tonight with my lighter life counsellor we agreed that my mind is not keeping up with my body. Denying myself food and controlling portion sizes are skills that I do not have and need more time to learn.

Having been morbidly obese for 30 years My mind cannot adjust to being just a bit overweight. I was fully intending to do 4 weeks of abstinence in august so all I have really done is bring that forward to now.

So from tomorrow morning I am back on phase one. I am very sure I can do that because I have proved that already for 12 weeks.

I really do hope this is the right decision.

When I started this lighter life diet on January 6th I thought it was only going to be for 8 weeks. Now I know that this is a long term project and will probably take the whole year to complete. I will try and get into all the materials that lighter life provide to try and train my mind to accept boundaries with food. I have never done this in 52 years so it will be very hard.

To depressed to write food diary.
From tomorrow it will be
B: Shake
L: Thai chilli Soup
D:Shake
S:Nutty Bar

No point me recording this but at least I know I will stick to it without temptation.

No comments: