Monday, August 4, 2008

Are you allowed to drink alcohol on the lighter life diet?

Another of many questions I have been asked on my lighter life diet is can I drink alcohol.
Well the simple answer is no - not even a little bit - In fact don't even think about it!!!
The whole point about doing the lighter life diet properly in the first stage is to ABSTAIN from normal food and drink.

I must admit that there were some dieters in my group who did not stay the course because they could not get their head around this. They would come to the meeting and say how they had been tempted to eat this or drink that.

The whole point about lighter life is that you commit to doing things differently for a time for the long term benefits. So alcohol is off. I can hear some readers asking "Does this mean that you didn't have any alcohol while you were on the diet?" Well yes, of course. No alcohol for 5 months.
For me this is no great hardship as I am not a huge drinker anyway. For some of the guys this was a major issue. Some of them had a beer problem, others a wine problem and of course the hard core whisky and brandy drinkers hated the restriction.

When you drink alcohol you lose some of your willpower and you will cheat on your diet so it is not worth risking an evening of drinking to stop your weight loss.

After about week 5 on the route to management you are allowed some drinks but you get the feeling that the diet is better for you if you abstain totally. Now I am back to my new form of normal eating I do have the odd glass of red wine or a german Weiss beer and it does not make me put on weight.

The lighter life diet only really works if you "get it". And the "it" is follow the rules of abstinence. Just do what the diet says. The weight will fall off you. You will be thin.

Until january 2008 I had lived life as a fat person. I was clinically obese according to my doctor. Now on the 4th August in the same year I am living life as a THIN person. That is worth the abstinence for me. So what If I couldn't have a drink for 5 months. so what. Look at the positive benefits now. Its a no brainer.

No comments: