Sunday, August 17, 2008

A Complete Change of Direction - Hope it Works

As many of you will know I stopped short of my ideal weight when I did the lighter life diet earlier on this year. The reason I stopped was because I was finding it very difficult adjusting to being a lot thinner. This is both physically and mentally. So I have taken a break since May.

My plan was to do lighter life all over again next january and february to finish the job. I do not need to lose so much now. I already lost 5 stones. But there is a problem. Next february I am spending a week in Stuttgart for a trade show so I do not really want to be dieting with all that weiss beer and german noodles (Schwabien/schwabisch noodles I think they are called).

So the only other 2 options are to wait until march 2009 or do it now.

I have decided to go back on my lighter life diet now for 8 weeks and then go onto route to maintainance which should see my BMI down to below 25 and my weight within the normal range for my height and age.

I am just waiting for my lighter life counsellor to give me the OK and then I'm back on the potions (Sorry - Lighter Life Food Packs). I have been told that lighter life is much harder the second time but I do not know if I will find this true for me. I do not find the packs particlularly tasty but they do keep you going for the day provided you take them at regular intervals.

A bit of me is very excited because in a few weeks I will be of normal weight for the 1st time in my adult life. Amazing really.

There is one mystery left to be solved. I haven't weighed myself since june so I do not know what I weigh. I will find out at the first session - hopefully tomorrow. I know I have put a little bit on. It will come right off anyway so its not a problem.

To save you looking back in the blog these are my stats for the first part of my diet

Start weight January 2008 - 19stones 11 lbs
Finish weight May 2008 - 14 stones 11 lbs

New Target weight - 13 stones

I will post more often now for a while as it helps me keep focussed knowing there are a whole load of people following my progress

Wish me luck

No comments: