Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Strawberries are allowed on lighter life- I'm not sure about the cream

I have been thoroughly enjoying fresh strawberries all week. My fruit and veg intake is much bigger then before my lighter life diet. I have to admit that it all seems a long time ago. How quickly we move on.

So how am I doing. I haven't weighed myself for over a month which is driving my wife mad but I am quite happy with it. I know I am not piling on the pounds because all my new clothes still fit perfectly.

I am being very careful with what I eat and am still following the GI diet in the main. I hardly touch Bread and butter. No biscuits or crisps. The only problem tempting food for me is nuts. In particular macadamia nuts and peanuts. I have to eat the whole packet. It is like a rule. So I try and not get near them.

Now I no longer have any food packs I am having juices in the morning with the occasional bran flakes when I can't be bothered to make the juice. My favourite recipe is as follows.

2 carrots, 2 apples, 1 inch of fresh ginger root, 3 large slices of pineapple, 3 handfulls of spinach.
This concoction looks and sounds dreadful but tastes stunning and really sets me up for the day.

If I continue to lose weight I will not return to my lighter life diet as I will not need to. If however I stay as I am I think I will do another 8 weeks early next year to get down to normal for my height. I am not too concerned about it as I am enjoying being so much thinner now.

No comments: