Monday, July 21, 2008

Back from careful eating on my holiday - Diet? What Diet?

If you go on holiday you expect to let things go a little bit and overeat. It would be a crime not to.
This has been my thinking for 30 years but this year my thinking has changed.

My 10 day holiday has been completely controlled as regards eating. I have chosen to eat healthily some days and gone mad on other days. The difference this year is the feeling of being in control and having choice.

My lighter life diet has given me that control and I love it. I am not weighing myself at the moment so I do not know if I have put on any weight - I suspect 1 or 2 pounds. It doesn't matter because I will now be very careful for a week or 2 and the weight will just come back off.

I had an email today from a chap wanting to know some details about the route to management on lighter life. This is the hardest part of the lighter life diet because you have to re-learn how to eat normally. This is the one area where the company who market the diet fall short. The information is minimal and confusing. My lighter life counsellor is brilliant but the materials do not cover the 12 weeks route to management phase very well.

All the information is there but for people new to controlling their eating it is hard to understand. I have vast experience of cooking and menu preparation but I could not devise a day's meal plan very easily from the info given. The authors of the program do know their stuff but they assume that we know what they are talking about. After 5 or 6 weeks I ignored the route to managment guidelines as I couldn't make sense of them.

As I have maintained my weight loss I think I got the idea but some more complete information from the lighter life company wouldn't go amiss.

1 comment:

GreenCastle said...

Hi Ken, I enjoy reading your blog, and have kept quiet up till now. I also have lost a lot of weight. Well done on your loss tho, your looking great.

One of the things I have found that keeps me from pileing weight back on and allows me to eat what I want is The Diet Plate. We also supply a lot of lighter life counsellors with them now as well. Maybe it would help you?

Keep up the good work.